Welders at McElroy Manufacturing work 10-hour shifts and must be prepared to work overtime to meet customer needs. Welders must have proven experience and success fit welding parts that adhere to schematics and blueprints. McElroy Welders use precision measuring equipment frequently to conduct meticulous first article inspection to ensure parts are as accurate as possible before being sent to inspection. They are able to read, interpret and act on requirements and specifications of blueprints to layout parts on their weld tables. Welders may work with exotic metals and will need to know the appropriate welding techniques utilizing processes such as MIG, TIG, and Fluxcore.
Welders work at our Admiral Facility where components are produced in a climate-controlled facility. The first shift runs from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday with a 30-minute lunch at noon and two paid breaks. The Admiral Facility houses a fitness facility that is free to employees, and open 12 hours a day. Showers and appointments with personal trainers are available.
A McElroy welder can say…
- I can convert raw materials into a finished product with little supervision.
- I can conduct first article inspection while adhering to high quality standards.
- I can perform welds that are efficient, accurate and of great quality.
- I can layout parts on weld tables and accurately place those parts in weld fixtures to ensure proper placement.
- I am able to product quality parts from schematics or blueprints.
- I am a team player who produces results.
- I am capable of welding on a variety of metals.
- I am able to provide my own welding and precision measuring equipment as needed.
- I am able to think and work like an owner.
- I enjoy being rewarded monthly for my contributions.
- I enjoy working in a clean, climate-controlled building.
- I enjoy producing world-class products every day.